McDonald’s Privacy Statement for Happy Meal Digital
Last updated: October 11, 2023 7:01 pm
1. What is this page for?
This page explains to you how McDonald’s uses information about you when you visit this website “happymealdigital.com”. Other privacy-related information that McDonald’s has published elsewhere is not relevant for this website.
2. Who is using your information?
Your information is exclusively used by the McDonald’s Corporation in the United States of America.
The McDonald’s Corporation is responsible that your information is kept safe.
You can find the contact information of the McDonald’s Corporation at the end of this page (point 11).
3. What information does McDonald’s collect about you?
When you visit this website, McDonald’s collects the following information:
- the country you are in when you visit this website;
- the language you chose for this website;
- how far you have come in the games you have been playing on this website;
- the kind of computer or mobile device you are using to visit this website; and
- the IP address, the operating system, the browser type and the settings of the computer or mobile device you are using to visit this website.
4. How does McDonald’s collect your information?
McDonald’s collects this information in the background when you use this website.
To help us remember your country and language settings and how far you have come in the games you have played on this website, McDonald’s uses a technology called “cookies”. These cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for 30 days after you have last visited this website.
5. Why does McDonald’s use your information?
McDonald’s uses your information to:
- make sure that you can properly use all features of this website;
- remember what country and language you have chosen for this website
- remember how far you have come in the games you have been playing on this website; and
- create statistics about the use of this website.
6. Why is McDonald’s allowed to use your information?
McDonald’s uses your information because it has a legitimate reason to do so, that is to help you use all features of this website properly.
7. Do you have to provide your information to McDonald’s?
No, you do not have to provide your information. However, if you do not provide your information, some features of this website may not work properly.
8. For how long does McDonald’s keep your information?
McDonald’s will keep your information as long as it is needed to help you use all features of this website properly. At the latest, your information will be deleted 30 days after you have last visited this website.
9. Does McDonald’s share your information with others?
McDonald’s shares your information only with service providers that McDonald’s uses to operate this website.
10. What rights do you have?
You have the right to ask McDonald’s
- to check if McDonald’s uses information about you, what information McDonald’s uses about you and to receive copies of this information;
- to correct your information;
- to delete your information;
- to restrict the use of your information;
- to object to the use of your information;
- to request that you get a copy of your data in a structured data format (data portability); and
- to make a complaint with the data protection authority.
11. How can you contact McDonald’s to make use of your rights or ask questions?
McDonald’s can be contacted at:
McDonald’s Corporation Attention:Data Protection Office Privacy at McDonald's, Dept. 282
110 North Carpenter Street
Chicago, IL 60607-2101, USA